We're back!

We arrived safely back at home last night, whew!  As I put on jeans and sneakers at our hotel yesterday morning in preparation for the -2 degrees Celcius I knew we'd be returning to here, I felt more than a little sad to be leaving Thailand--land of flip flops and bathing suits, palm trees and sunscreen, clean air and blue skies. I wondered if I would survive coming back to the big city. In the Middle. Of. Winter. (Those periods were for you, Maggie).

The Lord is good and goes before us, and my heart thrilled when I walked into our uber-clean apartment (thanks to our amazing house helper who stayed in our place while we were gone since her apartment has NO heat!  Plus, she left us homemade bagels and jiaozi in the freezer, love her.)  I even found myself smiling as I heard stray fireworks cracking (China celebrated their biggest holiday while we were gone and the celebrations continue for several weeks) and horns beeping in a traffic jam just outside my window.  Ah, home.  I'm not sure how thrilled I'm going to be when I have to ride my bike to Wal-mart tomorrow morning in sub-freezing temperatures in order to re-stock our life, but for now I'm going to revel in the memory of the 2 weeks we had and simply be grateful for the privilege of it. 

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Oh!! Been praying for your time. Next time you vaca, maybe we can overlap and meet in the middle for some of it. I really think our children would be friends. Your youngest reminds me SO much of Lils, our middle (2 1/2.) Thanks. for. the. punctuation. shout-out. love you!