1/4 cup non-fat dry milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 package dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp for those in places without the handy Fleischman's packages of yeast)
1 1/3 cup warm water
4 cups flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for dough)
2 tablespoons oil (per pan) (This is a change from the or
Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large bowl. Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes. Add oil and stir again. Add 3 cups of flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed.
Turn out on to a flat surface and knead in remaining 1 cup of flour for about 10 minutes. Divide dough into three balls. In three 9" cake pans, put 2 T of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle. Place in cake pans. Cover with a plate. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. After it has risen, I pressed down the middle of each pizza so that the sides rose up against the walls of the pan and created a "well" in the middle for the pizza toppings (sauce, cheese, etc). Prepare pizzas with sauce, cheese, and toppings and bake in preheated oven (475 degrees F, 245 degrees C). Bake until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown.
I think this part is crucial--remove pizza from pan (it should slide right out given how much oil you put in, right?) and let it rest for a couple minutes on a cookie rack--it think this helps keep the bottom of the crust nice and crispy. If you're really into calories, you can melt some butter and brush some on the crust. Wow.
The site I looked at also listed a recipe for the sauce, but our family prefers the taste (and I prefer the convenience) of the industrial size bags of McCormick pizza sauce I can buy at the nearby wholesale market. And I don't think I've reported the amazing item I recently found at the wholesale market. 2 kilos worth of sliced Hormel pepperoni. Unbelievable. That means we can eat pepperoni pizza (hopefully) for the rest of the year! Hooray!


1 comment:
Where is this wholesale market?? I found 100 g of Hormel for 10 RMB, but that would be awesome to find this place! Please, please, email me with the info!
Post a Comment