field trips

{{still in the process of uploading photos...keep coming back for more}}

October has been the month for fields trips around here.  First, Adam took a trip to the Great Wall with his school.  They went to a location that none of us had been to before. He said the best part about it was that hardly anyone else was there (if you've ever been to a tourist spot in China, you'll understand why this was truly amazing).



The week after that, Katie's kindergarten also took a trip to the Great Wall, and I got to go along as a chaperone!


Last week Katie's class took another field trip to a farm outside of the city to pick vegetables. Apparently this is the thing to do in China in the fall. Every kid that I know who attends a local school has taken such a trip recently. I guess it's their way of teaching all these city kids about how the majority of people in their country live! Katie had a blast and came back with a huge back of carrots and two ears of corn. I guess I'll be making a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting soon!

Excited about some purple kernels


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys...:(. Hope to see you soon! XOXO Aunt Jen

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to see Katie with a friend from school. My prayer is that she will find a good friend with whom she can share her love of JC.