I got glared at by an old woman at the bus stop the other day. I’m pretty sure she hated me because I had two kids AND was pregnant. Apparently (and I’m not making this up) some people here think that every country has a one-child policy. So, to the woman at the bus stop (who I'm guessing was one of these misinformed people), a person like me (with 3 kids) is either completely irresponsible or is having children as some form of political protest. (Neither of which is true in my case, of course.)
I’ve been asked before by taxi drivers how much the fine was in America that I had to pay for having Caroline. The first time this happened I thought the driver was kidding, but he was being dead serious. So I answered straightforwardly—no fine at all, people in America can have as many kids as they want. He was amazed.
For a hilarious read on having large families in this country, check out this blog. “Lrge” in this country is having a family of 4 (not counting the grandparents). What would they think of the Duggars??!!
No comments:
Post a Comment