Noah's Ark, Chinese-style
Katie had to memorize a story in Chinese this past week because her kindergarten class was having some sort of competition. First step, pick a story (which was a lot harder than it sounds because our home is not exactly overflowing with one minute long Chinese children's books!). Thankfully, two days before the due date, I remembered that our house helper had given the girls a Noah's Ark book for Christmas that summarized the story in about one paragraph. Katie has always had a great memory, but to be honest I wasn't sure how this was going to go. By the morning of the competition, however, that child knew that story and was even able to tell it with perfect story-telling inflection! We are so proud of her! And have I mentioned that she's had to translate for me three different times lately when I didn't know what someone was saying? I don't know whether to be jealous or just thankful. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow Mary, you were not kidding when you said she can memorise! Go Katie! Love Mel
Amazing.
Katie,
I am so proud of you.
Love and hugs to you, Caroline and Mom and Dad,
Aunt Shelia
amazing! i just love it! hope y'all are well! love and miss you!
W.O.W!!!!!
That was wonderful Katie ! I couldn't understand a word you said; but I could tell that you knew exactly what you said! Great going, what a memory.
Much love to you, Caroline, Mommy & Daddy.
Great Grandmother Sommerville
I am so proud of Katie! Her performance of the memorized story is so beautiful. Just think how much of the Bible she will be able to memorize!
Katie did a wonderful job with storytelling! I am soo very proud of all of you. Lots of love your way,
Aunt Margaret
Post a Comment