![]()
So for Adam's birthday I purchased a coffeemaker...not an appliance commonly used over here so it took a bit of hunting, but I finally found one that made more than 4 cups. For over two months we enjoyed
real coffee, instead of the instant variety. (Although I've figured out that, for me, what makes or breaks a cup of coffee is not the coffee itself but what kind of creamer is available. Powdered Coffeemate has won the day over milk...but that's neither here nor there.) As I was saying, we enjoyed our coffeemaker for about two months...until Caroline smashed the carafe. Great. And apparently there's no such thing as ordering a replacement. So, for a couple weeks we went back to Nescafe...until I remembered a wonderful memory from college. My senior year at Davidson, I broke our apartment's coffeemaker carafe and apparently we were too cheap to order the replacement. So what did we ingenious Davidson students decide to do? For the rest of the year, we "bowled" our coffee (remember that, Hannah, Ann, and Katie?). This memory inspired me to try it with our new, now-carafe-free, coffeemaker...and it worked (after I removed the little stopper that holds the coffee in the top part of the coffeemaker...that was a mess before I figured that out!)
Just wanted to share some of the simple pleasures of our life!
2 comments:
If it were a Eupa you could go get a replacement carafe. We had to do that once for the espresso maker at the mac. They might have one that fits your coffee pot, though. The Eupa Store is somewhere near Dong si. Do you have a friend who could look it up for you and maybe call?
Gotta love those Davidson memories, Mary! I am enjoying your blog and emails. Thanks for including me in your adventure.
Post a Comment