One last hurrah

As we're now about 10 days away from meeting the newest McCulloch (csection on Nov 7, Lord-willing), I don't do a lot of public transportation these days. The walk to the busstop or subway usually results in some kind of hip or back pain simply from walking while carrying this heavy load in front, plus I figure if there's any time I can justify taking a taxi (which is easier and usually faster, albeit more expensive) it's now!

Friday night, however, our family had plans to eat dinner at the home of some friends who live just one subway stop north of us. It was a nice, crisp fall evening, the girls were in relatively good moods, and I was feeling up to it, so we decided to just take the subway instead of trying to catch a cab in the midst of Friday rush hour traffic.  What we forgot, however, was that Friday rush hour traffic does not only affect the roads.....
Just imagine our family trying to squeeze our way into the subway car...an American-sized male, two small children, plus one over-sized pregnant belly.  We were a spectacle.

No comments: