![]() |
| Photo taken outside of Katie's school |
I didn't really think much of my fondness for Chinese brooms until I came across this blog post about Chinese mops (her blog, by the way, is awesome for anyone that is interested in learning more about this amazing, often mind-baffling, country). The best part of the post is that someone in the comments section linked to another blog entitled "Awesome Mops of China." I highly encourage you to check both sites out.
Since I read this article, the girls and I have started playing "Count the Mops" anytime we're in a cab going somewhere. Without fail, on the average 5-10 minute cab ride, we'll spot no less than 20+ mops. They really are ubiquitous.
It makes me wonder what is something similar in America that non-Americans would notice and think, "Hm. What's up with those?"
I actually have a ton of videos and photos of such moments that I've been wanting to upload, but I've been regularly foiled by slow internet. Hmph. Hopefully they'll be some posted soon. In the meantime, let me know if you'd like a Chinese broom as a Christmas present...it might look nice hanging over your mantle!

1 comment:
I'm with you on that:) I have always liked them too! I'd love to see you explain to the airport staff why you're hauling a bunch of their brooms to the U.S as gifts!!:)
Post a Comment