Language progress update

There was a moment today when I was listening to Caroline yammering away about something, and it got me wondering, "Am I more fluent in Chinese than Caroline is in English or the other way around?  Or maybe we're about even?"  I really don't know the answer, but I sort of think she has me beat.  To my credit though, I must say that Caroline's English (as well as Chinese) ability has really skyrocketed lately. :)

The other night at dinner, out of the blue, she said, "I want to tell a story about Caroline and Grandma Sue. (dramatic pause) Once upon a time, there was a boy and a girl..."  Her story never got around to being about Caroline and Grandma Sue, but it had crocodiles and fireplaces and wound around to all sorts of places.  The rest of us (Adam, Katie, and me) were in all in tears laughing by the end (or trying hard not to laugh...we didn't want to make her think we were laughing at her, even though we kind of were). We love our little Care-bear. The best part is how she ends every story:  "Be End."

1 comment:

G'Daddy said...

I can't wait to hear a story from Caroline. If there's any chance of a consistent story, maybe Katie could perform the actions as the story progresses.
Gdaddy