Happy 6th Birthday, Katie! (Part 1)

I apologize to those of you who have written, desperate to know how our Thanksgiving turned out. Katie celebrated her 6th birthday yesterday so my time this past week was devoted to getting everything in order for that. (Plus, it takes a million years to upload pics here and the T'giving post wouldn't have been complete without them.) Thanks for your patience! (And I'm not sure why some of the photos are duplicated and wacky in this post, but at least they're on here and I'm too tired to figure out how to fix it!)

<><><>
The celebrating began on Friday when Katie took 40 cupcakes with her to school to share with her classmates and teachers.

The fun continued when Katie got to open an early birthday present on Friday afternoon...a dress just like Rapunzel's from Tangled (we just saw that movie for the first time a couple weeks ago and loved it!) Katie and a friend here share the exact same birthday, and the friend was having a princess birthday party that evening, which is why she got to open it early.
 
<><><> 
<><><> 
And this was Caroline's response...she was having a bit of a hard time with the fact that it was Katie's birthday and not hers.

 

5 comments:

CDO said...

Oh, it is so hard to share! Thanks for the darling pictures. You are all thought about each and every day.
Much love,
Carolyn

Rachel Amariah said...

I LOVE the cake. And the dress:) Katie, do you know that your name is in our Birthday calender that hangs in our kitchen? I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! and Mary, I have wanted to write you for so long now! You are often on my mind....Love, Kendra
ps - that last pic sure made me giggle;)

JM said...

Wow she is getting so big hard to believe she is 6. Happy belated birthday Katie!

kurtandjayna said...

THAT is a beautiful cake, Mary. Well done!

Laurie said...

Mary, that last picture is hilarious. Hope you guys are doing well. Love you!