Fun times

Oh friends, I have SO many hilarious videos I want to post, but I'm so afraid of the slow internet not letting me.  So....until I get my courage up to attempt the upload, here are some fun pictures from our life recently.

Rule #1 at Chinese swimming pools:  Swimcap required. 
Check.

And for those of you who notice such things...yes, Caroline is wearing undies but NO, I am not potty-training her yet.  You'd think by now I'd have enough peer pressure to do so from being immersed in a local culture where kids are potty-trained by 4 months old (I'm not kidding).  But I promised myself that with our second child I would not even begin to think about potty-training until she was 2 1/2 years old (thank you, Jennifer Keisling!)  Yes, I get a lot of strange looks from the grandmas whose 8 months old are diaper-free and the well-meaning bystanders who are concerned about the negative repercussions that diapers might have on her health, but you know what?  I don't care! 

So why the undies here?  We had to resort to them during a weeklong bout of la duzi (literally translated, pull stomach, so you can imagine what that means).  We were going through so many diapers (which are ridiculously expensive here) I had to do something. 

No comments: