Here are some more photos from our recent hometown tourist excursions:
The two people we see most often (and thus are certain to be the most patient and kind people we know to deal with us on a daily basis)...our tutor Terry (who moonlights as a tour guide) and our house helper Wang Jie (who had never been to the Great Wall before!)
Can it be? A family picture where everyone is looking in the direction of the camera?

Caroline was absolutely amazing on this trip. This child climbed up the ENTIRE WALL....WITHOUT STOPPING. We would try to stop along the way and take a break and drink some water...Care would start crying because she didn't want to stop! What a warrior! |
More jumping pictures, of course.
After watching Katie get her picture taken jumping, litle sis has to try, of course. Attempt #1:
"Hmm, not much air on that one. Maybe I need to focus on the build-up...."
"Or maybe I'll just squat down and think about it for awhile."
"Hey, I think I got some lift this time!"
Hey, Mommy wants to try too!
Um, that was kind of scary. Funny, but scary. Notice the scared people running past us in the background. They were saying in Chinese, "We've got to get out of here quick before that foreign lady tries that again."
We've come a long way...can you believe Caroline climbed all that? 
We made it to the top!
So proud of my girl!
Had to at least attempt a family photo. At this point, Caroline is close to melt down because it's 1:30pm and she usually goes down at 1, plus we had just been accosted by a bunch of girls wanting to take their picture, plus she had just climbed the Great Wall of China at age 2! Unfortunately, the girls wanting to take their picture taught Katie to make a peace sign in the photo...ugh, and so begins the ubiquitous two fingers that are in most of my photos from my previous time in China. Why, oh, why? 
And this was Caroline on the return trip down the mountain. Out. Cold.
|
2 comments:
Oh you made me laugh!! he he...I just love your pictures and the captions for them. Thank you for 'taking us along' on this adventure with you. love, the Funks
Ha! I agree about the peace sign - my sister Emily is teaching English in Beijing, and every photo with Chinese friends/students shows them holding up those fingers. I was baffled!
Post a Comment